Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Good Job!

Hi Baby,

Just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you - I had another prenatal appointment today, and it looks like you decided to start making some moves, because it seems that you are no longer breech. Keep up the good work!

You're not quite in position yet, but you have time, and I'm just glad that you're on the move :)

Keep up the good work!

Also, I have a confession to make.

I have gone a bit nuts contacting craigslist people for baby stuff.

I'm really shocked to admit this.

I never thought it would happen to me.

Because I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE craigslist - for very good reasons, too.

But, as it turns out, craigslist is a great place to get some of the more expensive baby items that we absolutely must have when you arrive (an infant car seat, for example...which, by the way, is being picked up by your dad's dad today on his way home from work!) without having to spend an arm and a leg.

And since I am currently more broke than I have ever been in my life (college included), this is a big deal.

A very big deal.

I am buying a Baby K'Tan on Friday from a craigslist person.

The car seat (NEVER BEEN USED, the EXACT type I registered for, and $80 cheaper than purchasing it in store!!!) is coming today - again, a craigslist find.

I am currently working on setting up a meeting time/place to purchase a breast pump from another craigslist ad.

I'm in the process of purchasing a nursing cover from someone else on craigslist - though we're in a bit of a waiting game, because she also has lots of gently used 3-6 month summer baby boy clothes (which should be the perfect fit for you!), and once she sends me pictures, I'll decide which items of clothing, if any, I want to invest in as well before going to pick up the nursing cover.

And I'm still waiting to hear back from the Snap & Go people I emailed about their ads.

The only thing that has fallen through so far is that I contacted someone about a barely used playard (again, the exact one I wanted to get for you in lieu of a bassinet) one day too late, and they had already sold it :(

But, overall, I'm doing pretty well. After all of these purchases (not including the clothing/nursing cover and snap & go, because I'm still waiting on hearing about those options), I will have spent about $300 (which includes the cost of replacing the parts on the breast pump that I need to replace for sanitary reasons) on stuff that would have cost me a total of $550 (not including tax). WOW! Basically half price!

It's not like I'm getting over my aversion to craigslist.

I still hate it.

But even the devil has a role to play in this world, so why shouldn't craigslist :)

Love you lots,

Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment