Monday, October 11, 2010

Not much

Hi Baby,

There's not much to report on this end. The biggest update is that yesterday, for the first time ever in my entire life, I couldn't button my jeans.

Not even close, actually.

I couldn't zip them at all, either.

I thought it was so crazy and funny to think that my body is actually changing and that my tummy is expanding, so I called your dad into the bathroom and showed him my failed attempt to fasten my jeans.

"Brady, come look at this! I can't button or zip my pants! This is so weird! I've never not been able to button or zip my pants...ever!"

And then I tried to fasten my pants again.

To which your father replied, "Stop it! You're crushing Baby!" (Your dad is such a cutie, I can't even handle it...and he's already very protective of you!)

But that's really the only update I've got for now.

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks gestation - only two more weeks until the second trimester...and I can't wait!!! Especially because that's when our next appointment is.

Also, and I don't mean to complain, but you're kinda bumming out my hips.

They've been bothering me for the past few weeks.

They constantly feel like they need to crack, but I just can't make that happen.

I actually have trouble standing up sometimes...

...which doesn't really bode well for my chances of standing up too well once I hit seven or eight or nine months!

But, Baby, I hope you know that I don't mind any of it. I don't mind it at all.

I actually think it's really neat that my pants won't button anymore - it means you're growing!

And the whole hip thing? Turns out that that's my body releasing some sort of hormone that's going to help my hips be prepared to birth you. So I suppose that's a good thing, too :)

I also have been noticing a lot of tingling sensations in my hips and stomach...which seems weird, and I'm not sure why that's happening, but, like I said about the other stuff, I don't mind it. It almost tickles sometimes, actually!

I love you so much, Baby Birk; I hope you're nice and comfortable, all snuggled inside of me.

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. This is a great update! I remember the shock of my pants being too tight for the first time. It was crazy and lovely all at the same moment. I never really had any pregnancy symptoms, so it was finally some kind of physical proof that there was a baby in there.

    I'm glad you and the little one are doing well. I can't believe you are on the verge of your second trimester already! I know it must seem slow to you... cause the progress in my own pregnancy seems slow to me... but from an outside perspective the time has really flown.

    Your husbands comment about crushing the baby made me laugh out loud, cause my husband has the same sorts of worries. It's very cute, that they are so protective.

    Keep taking good care of yourself! I am looking forward to all your updates and more of the fun pregnancy moments that will be happening in your life.

    Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. It's so nice to know you "get it", and you are always so supportive and encouraging. My blog posts never seem complete without a little note from you :)

    ReplyDelete