Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Life in a List"

1. My best friend's wedding was BEAUTIFUL! She looked gorgeous, and I am so happy for her. It was wonderful to get to be such a big part of her special day...and I think my speech went over pretty well, too, so that's a plus.

2. I'm sick of drama. That's all I'm going to say about that.

3. I think I'm getting the flu. One of the groomsmen yesterday had a fever, diarrhea, and was throwing up a lot. At least one of those is true for me right now (I will leave it up to you to decide which one), and my whole body just feels tired and achy. Probably because I haven't gotten more than 6 hours of sleep on any given night this week. And probably because yesterday I got up at 6 am (after going to sleep at 1 am) and was non-stop moving in sun and heat and a too-tight dress (making it difficult to breathe) and high-heels until almost 1 am this morning. And even though I'm crazy exhausted, I couldn't sleep any later than 8 am this morning. Probably because my stomach is bothering me. Probably because of the aforementioned possible flu and because of the even-more-aforementioned drama and the gut-churning anxiety that that has caused.

4. I got to see and dance with my husband last night!!! I haven't seen him all week, because while I've been with my best friend doing final wedding details, he's been working non-stop a few hours away from here. It was so nice to finally get to see him and talk with him again.

5. I'm sad that my husband had to go back to work last night after the reception and can't wait for tonight, when he is finally done working and I get to have him all to myself again.

6. I am exhausted. Did I mention that already?

7. I actually am excited to go back home (crazy, since I don't really like living in Boston), because this trip has been tiring. It has been really good up until now, but I'm not looking forward to the next two days...because the next two days are when I have to try to straighten out the drama mentioned earlier. Yuck. At this point, I just want to say, "Screw it all" and give up on my things ever not being dramatic. But I know that's not the right thing to do. It's just frustrating that it doesn't seem like I can ever do anything right. And the blame always rests squarely on me. Pretty impressive, right? Who knew that all the problems in the world were caused by me?

8. I have one more week to finish my summer class, and I am way behind. Yikes!

9. I only got out of bed an hour ago, and I'm already ready for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment